Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello from Comic-con! Day 1

Last night I went to preview night and met some interesting people.  I met David Peterson, who did Mouse Guard.  I met Carla Speed McNeil of Finder fame.  A surprise of the evening was meeting Lou Ferrigno!

If you dont' know who Lou Ferrigno is, he was the Incredible Hulk on the TV series.  I knew about Lou Ferrigno when he was a body builder and competing with Arnold Schwartzenegger for the title of Mr. Universe.  We chatted about the old days for a bit.  He was a really nice guy and still in great shape.

I also talked with Carla and David for a while.  Both of them were very nice and down to earth; easy to talk with.  I also learned a lot in terms of their work process, which I found helpful.

Today was filled with workshops and a lot of walking around.  The most interesting ones today were a Master Class with David Peterson, Digital coloring with Photoshop and Indie comic marketing. 

It's only the first day and already I'm tired!

No comments: