Saturday, July 23, 2011

Comic-con - Day 2

Wow, what a day!  I have no idea where to begin.  Also, there is no way I can include everything that happened, so I'll only include this one story for now. 

In the late afternoon, I got on the shuttle to go back to the hotel to rest a bit before going out for the evening.  I met a nice guy, Cory on the bus, who asked me, "What's the most interesting thing you saw today?" 

To which, I started to laugh and said, "I saw Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgard at the urinal."  ("Bill" and "Eric" from True Blood.)

I was in the bathroom heading for the sink to wash my hands, when I saw two guys wearing suits come into the restroom and they seemed to have some guy attending to them.  I heard one of them talking and his voice sounded familiar, so I looked back wondering "Who are these guys?"  Just then, Stephen Moyer looked over his shoulder at me.  Then I knew, who they were.

I thought I would loiter just outside the bathroom and when they came out, ask if I could take their picture.  So, I finished washing my hands and went out of the bathroom.  Just outside the bathroom, there were a lot of security guards and they had the corridor to the bathroom blocked off.  So, I stood there acting like I didn't know what I was doing.  A big security guard came up to me and said, "Excuse me sir." 

I turned and said, "Yes?"

"Would you like to return to the Green Room?"

"Excuse me?"  I asked.

"Would you like to return to the Green Room?" He asked me again.

Now, a million thoughts were racing through my head.  Should I say, "Sure, I'd like to return to the Green Room."?  Well, my old Midwestern upbringing lept into action.  I couldn't lie.  What if they got angry at me and threw me out?  What if the security guard got in trouble?  So, I said, "No, I'm not with them.  I was just coming out of the restroom."

"Well, I'm going to have to ask you to leave then."  He said very politely and indicated that I should walk down the corridor in the opposite direction of the Green Room. 

Ever since that moment, I've been regretting my "good" side taking over and not jumping at the chance to go to the Green Room and hang out.  Oh well, at least I got a good story out of it.

I'll have to post more about my day later.

No comments: